Saturday, June 15, 2013

Life is a Journey of Personal Growth

You may find it interesting to know that many of the most successful people in this world did not stop at Highschool or College for their education.  It is said to stay Green and Growing, as when you become Ripe; you are eaten or become rotten.

For me, I found myself nearly a year ago becoming frustrated in my career. After 20 years of building Active Mobility Center, spending countless hours learning about wheelchairs, scooters, powered wheelchairs, seating and positioning; learning on webinars, symposiums and conventions about the newest technologies, and approaches to fitting this equipment- I realized that although I was becoming the expert in my field; I had lost some of the passion of growing my vision and direction of the company.

Let me be clear, I enjoy what I do, and I am one of the most passionate people in my industry. Knowing that I was missing something and not having a mentor to guide me, I looked for a business coach.  At the same time in my life I found another  business I am interested in; not shockingly it is also in the health care field, has proven science, and is helping people live a more independent and fulfilling life. 

Both of these changes in my life have made me a much better person. They say that you are a combination of the five most influential people around you. If you want to be better, surround yourself with better people.

What I have learned about the saying above, is that even if we are working in a field we enjoy, making the world better,  have great friends and family; we still may feel something missing in our lives.  Life is changing and we need to change  if we want to stay relevant and valuable. If we become complacent we can lose our importance and disappear.

For many of the people I serve at Active Mobility Center, their lives have become dramatically influenced where life stands still. No longer being able to ambulate, or perform an activity can take over all of their energy and thoughts. If they are finished growing, they may feel like giving up; but if they are still growing, and open minded they realize that they can still do anything they set forth to do.

Personal Growth is painful, spending time learning, planning and taking the journey to improve your life.  I can tell you from experience, when you choose to grow, and find gratitude your life will be much more rewarding and enjoyable. You will spend less time complaining and blaming and more time living.

Please feel free to send me an email to comment on my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment